Date Added: Mar 1, 2010 American Desserts
- 4 Each Ripe bananas, peeled
- 4 Table Spoon(s) Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Cup(s) Packed light brown sugar
- ¾ Tea Spoon(s) Ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup(s) Banana liqueur
- 1 Cup(s) Dark rum
- 1 Pint (s) Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cut the bananas in half across and then lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bananas and turning, cook on both sides.
- Pull skillet off the stove and add rum to avoid getting the flame into the bottle.
- Place skillet back on the stove and add a little creme de banana liquor for flavor.
- Divide the ice cream among 4 dessert plates.
- Gently lift the bananas from the pan and place 4 pieces on each scoop of ice cream.
- Spoon the sauce over the ice cream and bananas, and serve immediately.