Basic Miso Soup
Date Added: Sep 20, 2010 Japanese Appetizers
A light and healthy soup made with water, miso and bonito flakes. A great starter for fish or chicken. This recipe calls for yellow or white miso which makes the soup sweet and creamy, for a stronger and saltier miso soup you can use red miso.
- 4 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Each Kombu Seaweed
- 1/2 Cup(s) Bonito Flakes
- 1/4 Cup(s) White or Yellow Miso
- 1/4 Cup(s) Chives (Garnish)
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil
- Add kambu and let expand
- Remove pot from heat and add bonito flakes
- Mix and let sit for about 30 seconds
- Strain soup to remove the solids
- Place soup back on heat
- With a miso strainer, Mix in miso letting the heat dissolve it
- Add chives for garnish, serve and enjoy!