Beet and Frisee Salad with Goat Cheese
Date Added: Apr 27, 2010 Continental Salads
Lightly dressed Frisee Salad with Poached Beats and Goat Cheese, topped with ground pistachios.
- 2 Each Beets
- 3 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Cup(s) Red Wine
- 1/4 Cup(s) Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Each Bay Leaf
- 1 Each Sprig Thyme
- ½ Each Frisee, head
- 6 Ounce(s) Weight Goat Cheese
- 1 1/2 Fluid ounce(s) Olive Oil
- 1 Fluid ounce(s) Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Pistachios, chopped
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Almonds, sliced
- Make a poaching liquid of water, red wine, bay leaf, thyme, and vinegar and poach beets for 2 hours or until they fall freely when pierced with a skewer.
- Let cool a bit, cut off ends and wipe off skin with a towel.
- Cut beets into large dice.
- Clean and chop a half a head of Frisee.
- Dress the beets and Frisee with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Stack on plate top with goat cheese and top with nuts.