Braised Lamb Shank
Date Added: Nov 19, 2010 Mediterranean Entrees
Lamb Shanks slow cooked for two and a half hours in a delicious red wine tomato liquid then served with Chef Jerry's Saffron Risotto and Sauteed Broccoli Rabe.
- 2 Each Lamb Shanks, domestic
- As Needed Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup(s) All Purpose Flour
- 4 Table Spoon(s) Canola Oil
- As Needed Braising Liquid
- Season lamb shanks evenly with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Lightly coat shanks in flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Using 2 saute pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil to each and heat.
- Once hot, add 1 shank to each pan and sear until lightly golden on all sides.
- Transfer lamb shanks into a roasting pan.
- Pour braising liquid over shanks.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil.
- roast in a 225 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Once lamb is done in the oven, remove lamb shanks from pan.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, strain braising liquid and reserve liquid.
- Transfer liquid to a sauce pot, bring up to a simmer.
- Reduce by half, skim the fat from the top.
- Taste and Season if necessary.
- Plate up lamb and use the reduced liquid as the sauce, serve with broccoli rabe and saffron risotto.