Date Added: Nov 4, 2010 American Baking and Pastry
A bread pudding made with cut up croissants, heavy cream, milk, eggs and butter then baked in the oven and finished off with powdered sugar and creme anglaise.
- 5 Each Croissants, cut into cubes
- 2 Cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup(s) Milk
- 1 Cup(s) Sugar
- 3 Each Eggs
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- As Needed Powdered Sugar (for garnish)
- As Needed Strawberries (for garnish)
- As Needed Creme Anglaise (for garnish)
- Add cream, milk and 1/2 the sugar into a pot, then place on the stove on medium heat.
- Next place the eggs and other half of your sugar into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Just before the cream, milk and sugar comes to a boil take off of the stove.
- Begin whisking and slowly pour into your egg mixture a third at a time.
- Next add your butter, then mix.
- In a ramekin add your bread cubes and ladle in your mixture .
- Place in 325 oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and then garnish with powdered sugar, crème anglaise and strawberries.