Broccoli and Cashew Salad
Date Added: May 11, 2010 American Vegetarian
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Fresh Broccoli chopped with cashews, dried cranberries and red onions mixed in a mayo vinegar dressing. You will love the wonderful blend of these ingredients. Make this dish even lighter using a low calorie sugar substitute and light mayonnaise.
- 3 Each Fresh Broccoli Tops, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Cup(s) Cashews, roasted, unsalted, chopped
- 1/2 Cup(s) Cranberries, dried
- 1 Each Red Onion, finely chopped
- Wash your broccoli then cut off broccoli tops from stalks. Chop the broccoli coarsely and then Chop the cashews in half or to your liking. Next finely Chop your red onion and mix all ingredients including dried cranberries in a bowl.
- To make your dressing: In a separate bowl mix your mayonnaise quick dissolving sugar (or splenda) and vinegar then taste. You can add more sugar or vinegar if you like.
- Pour dressing over your ingredients and mix well ensuring you coat all of the ingredients. Cover put in fridge and let the salad marinate for a few hours.
- If you would like to add more cashews you can salad will keep for up to 48 hours serve chilled.