California Cordon Bleu
Date Added: Jan 11, 2010 Other Appetizers
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Doubled breaded vegetables stacked and binded with goat cheese. Topped with cheyote tomato salsa and sprouts. Great to share as an appetizer or feel free to enjoy by your self. Takes approx 20 minutes.
- 1 Each Eggplant, sliced thick
- 2 Each Tomato, medium slice
- 1 Each Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 Tea Spoon(s) Portabello Mushroom, medium slice
- 3 Cup(s) Flour, sifted
- 6 Cup(s) Panko Bread Crumbs
- 4 Each Large Eggs, wisked in a bowl
- 10 Ounce(s) Weight Goat cheese
- 2 Cup(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Each Jalapeno, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- As Needed Alfalfa Sprouts (garnish)
- Set up breading station. For this you will need the following ingredients in this
- order, in bowls: All purpose flour, Egg, Panko bread crumbs.
- bread all vegetables by first dipping on both sides; in All purpose flour,
- then egg, (if you want double battered, repeate this step) then Panko.
- Set aside.
- For the salsa: In a bowl, combine cheyote, 2 1/2 cups small diced
- tomato, garlic, balsalmic vinegar, 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- salt and pepper. Mix well. Set in fridge.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive oil, once hot, cook all vegetables.
- Put mushroomon plate, add just enough goat cheese to bind to next layer,
- next, eggplant , bind again with goat cheese, then tomato.
- Add just a dallop of goat cheese.
- Topp with salsa, Alfa Alfa sprouts, and thinly sliced jalapino. Enjoy!