Caramel Bread Pudding
Date Added: Mar 26, 2010 American Desserts
- 1 Cup(s) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Each Large Stale Sliced White Bread - Diced
- 8 Each Large Eggs
- 2 Cup(s) Whole Milk
- 2 Cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 2 Cup(s) Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tea Spoon(s) Vanilla
- 6 Table Spoon(s) Butter - melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Take 1 cup sugar and add to saute pan and make caramel (See video).
- Once ready add to the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In large bowl add stale white bread.
- Add 1/2 whole milk and 1/2 heavy cream to bread.
- In a separate bowl add eggs, remaining milk and remaining heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and melted butter.
- Mix real well.
- Then combine bread and egg mixture and fold gently.
- Add to casserole dish.
- Bake for about 35 - 45 minutes.
- Using thermometer the temperature should be 160F degrees before removing from oven.
- Serve right away in casserole or serve cold.
- OR let cool in baking dish and cut and reheat and serve in individual portions.