Chef Brian's Golden Fried Chicken
Date Added: Mar 12, 2010 American Soul Food
Celebrity Chef Brian shows you how to cook his Golden Fried Chicken, a favorite of his celebrity clients, including Mary J. Blige, and his friends lucky enough to get some. It's so good your knees will buckle!
- 4 Pound(s) Chicken (bone in cut in pieces)
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Hot sauce ( any type )
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Garlic, minced
- 1 As Needed Salt and pepper on chicken
- 4 Cup(s) Flour
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Lawry's seasoned salt (for flour)
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Sea salt (for flour)
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Black pepper (for flour
- 2 Each Eggs
- 2 Cup(s) Whole milk
- 1 Each Brown paper bag
- Take chicken pieces and mix them with minced garlic and hot sauce let marinate for at least 1 hour, best if marinated for 24 hours.
- In a brown paper bag mix flour with the Lawry's, sea salt, and pepper.
- Whip up the 2 eggs and mix in the milk.
- When the marinated chicken is ready sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and rub into the chicken thoroughly.
- Make sure your oil is at 355 degrees and get ready to cook.
- Dip your marinated and seasoned chicken into the Milk and egg mixture and then place into the Bag with the flour.
- Shake up the chicken pat off excess flour and place in fryer.
- Cook chicken for 6 to 9 minutes depending on the thickness of the piece.
- When you think the chicken is done cut into the largest piece to make sure it is done.
- Drain excess oil off chicken on paper towels or on a rack.
- Then Eat it up and Enjoy.