Date Added: Jan 3, 2010 Greek Entrees
Chicken Souvlaki is a quick and healthy dinner with a Greek flair!
- 2 Pound(s) Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Each Lemons
- 3 Each Large Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 4 Fluid ounce(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Each Romaine Hearts, chiffonade
- 4 Each Tomatoes, Large Dice
- 1 Each Seedless Cucumber, Large Dice
- 1 Each Bermuda Red Onion, Slice Thin
- 2 Cup(s) Tzaziki Sauce (See Recipe)
- 6 Each Pocketless Pita Bread
- Cut Chicken Breast into 1" x 1" pieces.
- Zest and Juice Lemons and keep separate.
- Marinate chicken pieces with lemon Zest, garlic and vegetable oil for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a large saute pan over high heat.
- Add Salt and Pepper to marinated chicken.
- Add marinated chicken to hot pan slowly so you don't burn yourself.
- DO NOT move chicken around just let it brown and cook.
- After about 6 minutes deglaze pan with lemon juice.
- Serve chicken with Pita Bread, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Onions.
- Everyone makes theirs how they like it!