No Related Video Recipes Available.
Date Added: Mar 15, 2010 Mexican Gluten Free
Home made chorizo stuffed sweet peppers.
- 3 Each Baby Bell Peppers or Jalapenos, cut in half, seeded
- 1/8 Pound(s) Chorizo Sausage
- 1/4 Pound(s) Ground Chuck
- ⅛ Tea Spoon(s) Paprika
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Olive Oil
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Hot Sauce
- 1 To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Cotija Cheese
- 1/2 Cup(s) Field Greens, for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the beef and chorizo until combined well
- Stuff the peppers with enough meat filling to level
- Fry stuffed peppers over medium high heat in an ungreased pan until browned and "crusty"
- Turn peppers and cook for additional 2 to 3 minutes
- Let peppers rest and discard any remaining excess oil
- Top the peppers with dry and crumbly cheese such as cotija or parmesan
- Place the peppers on a plate and dress with a mixture of hot sauce, oil and paprika that has been whisked together