Chilled Creole Tomato Soup with Gulf Shrimp
Date Added: Nov 4, 2010 Cajun & Creole Soups/Stocks
No Related Video Recipes Available.
A delicious and refreshing soup of tomatoes, basil and jalapenos then tossed with Louisiana shrimp.
- 3 Pound(s) Creole Tomatoes
- 1 Each Jalapeno
- 1 Each Basil Stem
- 2 Cup(s) Water
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Cut all tomatoes into quarters
- Cut jalapeno in half
- Place jalapeno into a pot and add water, basil stem and a pinch of salt
- Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- The natural juices of the tomatoes will release, this is your tomato broth
- Pass tomato pulp and remaining through a fine strainer or cheese cloth to remove any sediment
- Reserve the liquid and place in refrigerate until cold
- Use chilled bowls for plating, pour equally tomato broth into bowl, remove shrimp from marinade and blot of excess marinade with a paper towel
- Place four shrimp in each bowl, finish with a garnish of jalapeno slivers