Chinese Collards and Cabbage
Date Added: Mar 6, 2010 Chinese Vegan
No Related Video Recipes Available.
This Chinese Collards and Cabbage dish can be served as a light fare dinner.
- 1/2 Cup(s) Cashews
- 2 Each Green collard heads
- ½ Each Chinese or green cabbage head
- 2 Each Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ Table Spoon(s) Fresh ginger, grated
- 6 Each Scallions, white and green parts
- 1 Each Mirin, splash of (Japanese cooking wine)
- 1 Pinch Red Pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Each Tamari, splash, wheat free
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Olive oil for toasting cashews
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Sesame oil( for saute of ginger garlic scallion)
- Saute cashews in olive oil, just stirring in pan for 2 minutes, let cool.
- Slice cabbage as thin as possible: Take out the white vein, role up the leaves and cut thin. Saute ginger, garlic and scallions in sesame oil.
- Add greens, stir-fry until wilted. Add Mirin, Tamari, and water and let steam for 3 minutes.
- Finish with sea salt and cashews.
- Optional...sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a little kick.