Chocolate Pate with Creme Anglaise
Date Added: Mar 1, 2010 French Desserts
This Chocolate Pate with Creme Anglaise recipe is a rich chocolate terrine served with a creamy vanilla sauce.
- 80 Ounce(s) Weight Chocolate Semi Sweet
- 24 Ounce(s) Weight Unsalted Butter
- 16 Ounce(s) Weight Sugar
- 24 Each Egg Yolks
- 30 Each Egg Whites
- Melt together the chocolate and butter, whip the egg yolks to a ribbon.
- whip the whites and the sugar to firm peaks.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg yolk ribbon and mix lightly.
- Fold the whites into the chocolate and yolks mix.
- Place in a pate mold and freeze overnight or for 12 hours.
- After removing from the freezer place your mold over boiling water for a minute to soften the mold so you can pop it out.
- Pop it out over a serving plate or pan.
- To plate up pour the Creme Anglaise on a serving dish.
- Next lay a slice the pate on the dish and decorate with some fresh mint and raspberries.