Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Date Added: Mar 6, 2010 Other Salads
Chef Kathryn shows you how to make a delicious and nutritious chilled cranberry quinoa salad.
- 1 Cup(s) Quinoa
- 2 Cup(s) Water
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Whole cranberries
- 4 Table Spoon(s) Fresh lime juice
- 4 Table Spoon(s) Honey
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Lemongrass, minced
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Garlic, minced
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Cilantro, minced
- 1/4 Cup(s) Red onion, minced
- 1 ½ Tea Spoon(s) Serrano peppers, seeded, minced
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Mint, minced
- Rinse quinoa several times.
- Bring water and quinoa to boil, simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Combine lemongrass, garlic and peppers, and add to quinoa.
- Chop cranberries with 2 tablespoons honey and lime juice in food processor or blender;
- Combine with quinoa.
- Add mint, cilantro and red onion, mix thoroughly and serve chilled.