Cream of Broccoli Soup
Date Added: Feb 16, 2010 French Appetizers
Cream of Broccoli Soup. Pureed broccoli with veloute and cream.
- 2 Cup(s) Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup(s) Celery, chopped
- 1 Cup(s) Carrot, chopped
- 1/4 Cup(s) Shallots, chopped
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Garlic, chopped
- 2 Ounce(s) Weight Butter
- 2 1/2 Pound(s) Broccoli Stems, chopped
- 3 Quart(s) Chicken Stock
- 2 Cup(s) Chicken Veloute
- 2 Cup(s) Heavy Cream
- As Needed Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 Quart(s) Broccoli Florets, blanched
- Dice vegetable into small cubes.
- Sweat the onions, celery, carrots, shallots and garlic in butter.
- Add the broccoli stems and cover with chicken stock.
- Simmer until tender.
- Puree all ingredients in the pot and add veloute then add hot heavy cream.
- Puree again.
- Let Simmer for 15 minutes and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Boil broccoli florets in salted water until tender add to soup and serve.