Date Added: Feb 19, 2010 American Baking and Pastry
Dense cake with sweet seasoned crumbs, just like the bakery. A sweet breakfast treat.
- 1/2 Cup(s) Butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 Cup(s) Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Baking Powder
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 1 Each Egg, large
- 1/2 Cup(s) Milk
- As Needed Powdered Sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven o 325 degrees.
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add egg and milk, whisk until smooth.
- Add flour.
- Add the baking powder and the salt, whisk until smooth and the batter is formed.
- Pour cake into shallow, greased and dusted baking pan, add crumb to top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool.
- dust with powdered sugar.cake.