Dad's BBQ Rub
This is my dad's BBQ rub, He didn't give this up easy. So I am giving this to you, so you can enjoy BBQ like I did as a kid with my Dad!
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Paprika
- ¼ Table Spoon(s) Garlic powder
- ¼ Table Spoon(s) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup(s) Onion powder
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Chili Powder
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Sea Salt
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Cumin
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Pepper
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Dry Mustard
- Place all ingredients in a zip lock bag and shake.
- Place in an air tight container or keep in the zip lock bag and store in a cool place.
- Makes about one cup.
Aug 26, 2013
Hi Chef. Thanks so, so much for sharing your dad's BBQ rub. We have been enjoying this in my own home for awhile now. The only change I made was not to the recipe itself, but to the name. We call it "PAPA's BBQ Rub" I recently could not find the recipe that I printed, so I came back here to get it... only I noticed something. Are the measurements printed on here correct? When I watch the video, it appears your proportions of ingredients are very different in some cases... The brown sugar for one. So, I just wanted to check with you and see if it's all good on the recipe. And, I wanted to say thank you again for sharing this :)