Deli Style Potato Salad
Date Added: Dec 11, 2009 American Salads
A potato salad where if you go the extra step makes it extra special!
- 1 Cup(s) White Vinegar
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Kosher Salt
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Each Red Onion, diced
- 5 Pound(s) Red Potatoes, large
- 1 1/4 Cup(s) Mayonnaise
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) White Pepper
- To Taste Parsley, chopped
- 4 Quart(s) Cold Water, for boiling potatoes
- Place potatoes in a pot, cover with cold water and cook for 45 minutes or until fork-tender.
- In a processor or blender, add vinegar, salt, sugar, onion and pepper, mix for 30 seconds to make a brine.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain water and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Peel potatoes.
- Using mandoline or box grater, slice potatoes as thin as you can and place them in a large plastic bowl or container.
- Pour brine on top of potatoes and carefully mix, try not to break up the potato too much.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours then add mayonnaise and carefully mix until creamy.
- Add more mayonnaise if necessary, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste and add parsley.