Duo Ceviche Ecuadorian Style
Date Added: Apr 26, 2010 South American Appetizers
Related Video Recipes
Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Pomegranate ReductionPan Seared...
Maple Glazed Sea ScallopsMaple Glazed...
Shrimp and Avocado SaladShrimp and...
Sauteed Snails with Compound ButterSauteed...
This is a traditional Ceviche served with Fried Plantains. Shrimp and Black fish marinated to perfection.
- 5 Ounce(s) Weight Black Sea Bass
- 6 Each Shrimp, 16-20s
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Tomato Ripe, thin slices half moons
- ½ Each Red Onion, thin sliced and cut in quarters
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Cilantro, Rough Chop
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Ketchup
- Tea Spoon(s) Poaching Liquid
- 1 Quart(s) Water
- 1 Each Lemon, halved and juiced
- 2 Each Bay Leaves
- 1 Each Thyme Sprig
- 1/2 Cup(s) White Wine
- 1 Each Plantaine
- 1 Each Lemon, juiced
- 1 Each Lime, juiced
- Put the poaching liquid in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Blanch the cubed fish for 30 seconds and place in a bowl.
- Blanch the shrimp in the same poaching liquid till almost done.
- Peel and slice the plantain in 1 inch pieces. Deep fry in 350 degree oil for 5 minutes.
- Then smash with a bottom of a bottle and then re fry for 2 minutes and season with salt.
- Marinate the fish with the onion, tomato, cilantro, lemon, lime.
- Then add some ketchup and poaching liquid and mix and allow to Marinate.
- Do the same with the Shrimp.
- Taste and season with any of the above.
- Serve with the fried Plantain.