Escargot with Garlic and Gorgonzola Butter
Date Added: Nov 29, 2010 French Appetizers
No Related Video Recipes Available.
- 24 Each Escargot
- 1 Pound(s) Butter, room temperature, cubed
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley, finely minced
- 1 Cup(s) Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup(s) Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Each French Loaf of Bread, lightly toasted
- As Needed Paprika (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a standing mixer or a whisk, cream butter with garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, Gorgonzola and sherry vinegar until thoroughly combined.
- Using an oven proof escargot dish, place 1 escargot in each perforation.
- Cover each top with butter mixture and wipe off any excess.
- Bake in oven for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a medium high flame until bubbling.
- Place dish on a plate and serve with French bread slices.
- Garnish dishes with paprika.