No Related Video Recipes Available.
Farfalle & Smoked Salmon
Date Added: Mar 17, 2010 Italian Pasta
Delicious bow tie pasta with smoked salmon and cognac cream.
- 1 Pound(s) Farfalle
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup(s) Finely diced red onion
- 1/2 Pound(s) Smoked salmon, jullienne
- 4 Table Spoon(s) Cognac or brandy
- 1/2 Cup(s) Heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup(s) Frozen peas
- 6 Fluid ounce(s) Fresh tomato sauce (optional)
- 1/4 Cup(s) Grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- To Taste Ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook farfalle as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent and softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the smoked salmon to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the cognac. Cautiously return pan to the heat, aware that cognac may flame up. Allow flame to dissipate, then continue.
- Add the cream, peas, tomato sauce and cheese to pan. Season with pepper to taste. Toss well, and allow sauce to reduce.
- Drain the pasta well. Return pasta to large pot. Add 1/2 of the cream sauce to the pasta and Toss well.
- Distribute pasta evenly among 4 serving bowls. Top with remaining sauce, and serve immediately.