Date Added: Dec 7, 2009 Italian Sauces
Alfredo sauce is a creamy white sauce that is used to make Fettuccine Alfredo. Alfredo sauce is only second to Vodka sauce and can also be garnished with grilled chicken, peas, mushrooms, bacon and fresh tomatoes. Enjoy!
- 3 Fluid ounce(s) Butter
- 3 Ounce(s) Weight Flour
- 1 Quart(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup(s) Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Garlic Powder
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the flour and mix to combine, cook on a low flame for 30 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and check for consistency, the sauce should coat the back of a spoon, additional time may be needed.
- Add the cheese and Whisk, adjust seasonings at this point.