Foie Gras with Caramelized Pears
Date Added: Apr 26, 2010 Fusion Appetizers
- 10 Ounce(s) Weight Foie Gras, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Pistachios, ground
- 1 Each Pear, sliced in to eights
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Butter
- 2 Cup(s) Merlot Wine
- 1 Cup(s) Red Grapes
- 2 Each Cinnamon Sticks
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Cloves
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) All Spice
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Sugar
- 1 Each Thyme Sprig
- 1 As Needed Micro Greens
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Chive Oil (Oil pureed with chives and strained)
- Start Reduction of Red Wine, Sugar, Spices, and Grapes. Reduce to a syrup like consistency.
- Score and season Foie Gras and sear in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Finish in 350 degree oven for 3 minutes or until they reach desired doneness.
- Cut and season pear slices then sear pears with a little butter.
- Take off when golden brown. Finish in oven if needed.
- Plate all ingredients as video shows.