How to Make Fresh Pasta
Date Added: Mar 25, 2010 Italian Culinary skills
How to make fresh pasta sheets and turn them into fettuccine or ravioli. This video also shows you how to use a hand crank pasta machine.
- 6 Each Extra Large Eggs
- 3 1/2 Cup(s) All Purpose Flour
- Pour flour on the table and into a mound shaped like a volcano.
- Hollow the center of the volcano and pour in eggs.
- With a fork start incorporating the eggs into the flour to form the dough.
- Once dough is formed clean the table and sprinkle some fresh flour down.
- Knead the dough for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Let dough rest wrapped in plastic at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Use pasta machine to thin out pasta dough and make fettuccine.
- Take a 5 quart pot and bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add a good amount of salt to that water.
- boil pasta for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain off water and serve with your favorite sauce.