Date Added: Jan 3, 2010 Italian Culinary skills
Let Chef Amy show you how to make your own fresh homemade Mozzarella cheese. Easy and fun for the whole family to do.
- 2 Pound(s) Mozzarella Curd
- 2 Quart(s) Water
- 1 Quart(s) Whole Milk
- 3/4 Cup(s) Kosher Salt
- 1 Each Plastic wrap
- Crumble mozzarella curd into consistent sized small pieces.
- Add water, milk and salt to medium pot.
- Heat pot over medium high heat until 180 degrees.
- Add water and milk mixture over mozzarella curd.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
- Then start kneading mozzarella watching it go from chunky to smooth.
- Form into spheres or logs.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Leave out at room temperature and serve the same day.
- If you are not using mozzarella the same day put in refrigerator.