How to Blanch Asparagus
Date Added: Jun 2, 2010 Cooking Techniques Culinary skills
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Blanching is where you plunged the vegetable into boiling water, removed after a brief time and then plunged it into iced water or placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process.
- 1 Each Bunch of asparagus
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus.
- Ensure your water is at a rolling boil and then drop in your asparagus.
- Leave in the water for 30-40 seconds to blanch, you will notice the color pops and your asparagus will be bright green.
- Once done place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Your asparagus should be flexible but crisp.