How To Make Gum Paste Rose
Date Added: Sep 12, 2010 Other Desserts
Follow Pastry Chef Chad Durkin in this video and learn how to make a gum paste rose.
- As Needed Gumpaste
- As Needed Cornstarch
- As Needed Egg white (to glue rose pedals)
- While working with Gumpaste, keep the unused portions and any scraps well covered under saran wrap.
- Start by rolling out gumpaste approximately 1/8 of inch thick.
- The first step to making the rose is the base. Roll a small ball of gumpaste with your hands and form into a teardrop shape, with a flat plastic tool make half of the teardrop flat, like a flap and roll it around the rest if the base
- Cut out 2 small circles and soften top half of circle (petal edge) with ball tool on thin foam. Make a pedal shape as shown in video. Wrap the 2 petals around base and glue it with little bit of water or egg white
- For the next layer of the rose, cut a set of 3 medium circles and work them the same way as the first two. Now attach a second row of 3 petals.
- For the next layer of the rose, cut a set of 5 large circles and work them the same way as before. Now attach the third row of 5 petals.
- This completes the rose and it takes about 48 hrs for the rose to completely dry.