Date Added: May 2, 2010 Middle Eastern Appetizers
Thousands of years old, recipe of Mid-Eastern origin, very versatile. Variations are only limited to imagination. Very nutritious and delicious.
- 2 Cup(s) Garbanzo Bean (Chick Peas).
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Fresh Lemon Juice.
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Freshly chopped garlic.
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Flavored oil (Sesame, Tahini, Olive, Truffle)
- To Taste Herbs, Spices, Vegetables....
- 2 Fluid ounce(s) Ounces fresh water.
- 1 Pinch Salt Kosher
- 1 To Taste pepper
- In a food processor, combine the chick peas, garlic, lemon juice.
- Add flavored oil (Tahini, Sesame or Olive), (Chef's Choice)
- Add herbs, spices, vegetables or peppers, (Chef's Choice)
- Add water, and puree until smooth and firm. Should be as firm as a 'chip dip'.
- Serve with Pita Bread or Chips. Can be used as a side starch, or salad.