Italian Spring Roll
Italian Spring Rolls are sweet Italian sausage sauteed with hot chili peppers and roasted peppers then wrapped and fried. Served with a creamy marinara sauce, What's better than that? You can either plate this dish as an entree or cut the fried tortilla up in bite size pieces and serve the creamy marinara as a dipping sauce on the side.
- 1 Each 10" Flour Tortilla
- 1 Each Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1/4 Cup(s) Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/2 Cup(s) Broccoli Rabe, blanched
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Hot Chili Peppers
- 1/2 Cup(s) Mozzarella, shredded
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Olive Oil
- 3 Cup(s) Neutral Oil, for frying
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Egg Wash
- As Needed Basil Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add sausage and break it up, ensure you cook it all the way through.
- Add roasted peppers and chili peppers and saute.
- Add broccoli rabe and mix together, cook for another minute.
- Spoon into center of tortilla.
- Roll tortilla tightly and seal opening with egg wash to close.
- Fry tortilla in oil at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 minutes or until tortilla floats to top.
- Pour Marinara Cream sauce onto a plate and coat evenly.
- Cut spring roll in half and place vertically in the center of the plate, middle facing up.
- Drizzle with basil oil or olive oil.