Jalapeno Cheese Souffles
Date Added: Mar 25, 2010 French Hors d' oeuvre
No Related Video Recipes Available.
These Jalapeno Cheese Souffles are spicy, cheesy and full of taste, they are one bite wonders. Great for parties!
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- 2 ½ Table Spoon(s) All Purpose Flour
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Pine Nuts - finely chopped
- 2 Table Spoon(s) All Purpose Flour
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Butter - softened
- 1 ½ Each Jalapeno - seeded and minced
- 1/2 Cup(s) Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup(s) Gruyere Cheese - Grated
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) Kosher Salt
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) Black Pepper
- 1 To Taste Dijon Mustard
- 2 Each Large Eggs - seperated
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In medium sauce pan melt butter.
- Add flour to melted butter and stir together and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In small bowl mix together flour and Pine Nuts.
- Butter mini muffin pan with softened butter and coat with flour nut mixture.
- Turn mini muffin tin upside down to remove and excess flour. Place to the side.
- Add jalapeno to sauce pan and let cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Now add milk, cheese, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard and egg yolk to sauce pan and remove from heat.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl add egg whites and whisk to soft peaks.
- Now add whipped egg whites to cooled cheese mixture and fold gently.
- Add mixture to muffin tins.
- Put in preheated oven for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pop out your souffles from muffin tin onto your serving platter.