Date Added: Oct 14, 2010 Continental Desserts
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Lemon juice, eggs and sugar cooked together to form a custard-like consistency. An amazing accompaniment for any dessert.
- 7 Ounce(s) Weight Sugar
- 7 Fluid ounce(s) Lemon Juice, fresh
- 3 Each Egg Yolks
- 3 Each Eggs
- 4 1/2 Ounce(s) Weight Butter, room temperature
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar and lemon juice and place on a double boiler, whisk until sugar is completely dissolved
- In another bowl, whisk together egg yolks and whole eggs
- Very slowly add lemon sugar mix to eggs, whisking constantly
- Place back onto double boiler and whisk until egg mixture is at the "nappe" stage, thick and custard-like
- Remove from heat
- whisk in butter until melted
- Let cook in refrigerator to set