Date Added: Oct 6, 2010 Italian Entrees
Linguine Campagnola is linguine pasta sauteed with spicy sausage, broccoli rabe and hot chili peppers. If you prefer the dish to be less spicy, you can swap the spicy sausage and peppers with sweet sausage and peppers.
- 7 Ounce(s) Weight Linguine, cooked
- 1 Each Italian Sausage, hot or sweet
- 1/2 Cup(s) Broccoli Rabe, blanched
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Garlic, chopped
- 2 Ounce(s) Weight Hot Chili Peppers, canned
- 6 Fluid ounce(s) Chicken Stock
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Ounce(s) Weight Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Balsamic Reduction
- In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, add sausage and crumble to brown.
- When sausage starts to caramelize, add broccoli rabe, chili peppers, garlic and toss to mix.
- Once garlic starts to get color, add chicken stock.
- Let simmer and reduce down, then add pasta.
- saute pasta in sauce to incorporate flavors and let sauce simmer.
- Add olive oil, Pecorino Romano and toss.
- Plate up, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic reduction.