Little Italy Stuffed Tomatoes
Date Added: Sep 3, 2010 Italian Appetizers
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Plum tomatoes are cored and hollowed then stuffed with bacon, cheese, or any ingredient you desire then breaded and fried to a golden brown.
- 2 Each Plum Tomatoes, hollowed and peeled
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) Pepper
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Locatelli Cheese
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Grilled chicken, diced
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Bacon
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Ranch dressing
- 4 Each Pepperoni, Cut Into 1/4" Thick
- 1 Cup(s) Flour
- 1 Cup(s) Egg Wash
- 1 Cup(s) Breadcrumbs
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Sauteed Mushrooms
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Sauteed Onions
- Cut ends off of tomatoes and with a pairing knife, hollow out the insides, scraping out all of the seeds and juices.
- Close off one end of a tomato with a piece of pepperoni.
- Coat inside with Seasoning Mix.
- Close the other end of the tomato with another piece of pepperoni.
- Dredge tomatoes in flour.
- Dredge in egg wash.
- Coat in bread crumbs.
- Put tomatoes back into egg wash.
- Then Coat again in bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry tomatoes until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Bake in oven for about 5 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes in half and serve.