Long Island Corn Chowder
Date Added: Jan 3, 2010 American Soups/Stocks
Chef Amy Beck shows you how to make a great vegetarian corn chowder, with a Long Island flair. This video will walk you through each step to make a delicious vegetable cream based soup, perfect for a chilly Autumn day.
- 1 Each Red Pepper, medium dice
- 1 Each Yellow Pepper, medium dice
- 6 Each Celery Stalks, medium dice
- 1 Each Large Spanish Onions, medium dice
- 2 Each Large Carrots, peeled, medium dice
- 3 Cup(s) Frozen Corn, defrosted
- 5 Each Red Bliss Potatoes, medium diced
- 1 1/2 Quart(s) Vegetable Stock
- 1 Quart(s) Heavy Cream
- 2 Each Bay Leaves
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Cup(s) Fresh Basil, chiffonade
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- In a large 4 quart pot with wide bottom, add vegetable oil.
- Saute red/green peppers, celery, Spanish onions, carrots, corn and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Let cook for about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and bay leaves and let cook 2 more minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and let cook until vegetables are tender.
- Finish with heavy cream and basil, then let cook another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Always taste and adjust.
- Serve & Enjoy!