Maple Walnut Risotto
Date Added: Aug 28, 2010 American Appetizers
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Chef Walter shows you how to make a great Maple Walnut Risotto recipe. It is a creamy and lightly sweet risotto, finished with roasted walnuts and a touch of maple syrup. Great for the holidays.
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Whole Butter
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup(s) Medium Onions, diced
- 1 Cup(s) Arborio Rice
- 4 Cup(s) Chicken or Vegetable Stock, hot
- 1/4 Cup(s) Roasted Walnuts
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup(s) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 5 Each Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 Pinch Salt, kosher
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Chives, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoons of the butter and the oil in a heavy sauce pan over low heat. stir in the onions and garlic cook them, stirring occasionally, until they are tender. Stir the rice into the pan and turn the heat up to medium, stirring constantly
- Next, pour a 2 cups of the hot vegetable stock into the pan and allow it to come to a simmer, stirring constantly until all of the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this process 2 times with 1 cup of stock each time
- To complete this dish, finish with the salt, pepper, maple syrup, butter, chives, and walnuts.
- *Remember that the rice will continue to absorb liquid as it stands, so be generous with the final addition of broth.
- Serve and garnish with chives and chive oil