Date Added: Mar 3, 2010 American Breakfast
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Basic drop dough muffin recipe. You can fill them with any type of filling, from fruit to chocolate chips.
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 Cup(s) Sugar
- 1 Each Eggs
- 3/4 Cup(s) Flour
- ¾ Tea Spoon(s) Baking Powder
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- ⅛ Tea Spoon(s) Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup(s) Milk
- Pinch Cinnamon Sugar, for topping (crispy crust)
- As Needed Desired Filling
- In a bowl cream together the sugar and butter.
- Next blend in one egg.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add the mixed dry ingredient mixture into the creamed ingredients, alternating with milk to create a lumpy batter. Do not over mix.
- Grease and flour a muffin tin.
- Spoon drop batter into muffin tins, drop in filling if desired.
- Sprinkle the muffins with cinnamon or sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.