Date Added: Apr 29, 2010 French Appetizers
Chef Pierre's Mussels Ricard recipe calls for steamed Prince Edward Island Mussels in a Creamy Ricard Sauce with Shallots and Garlic. Simple and Delicious!
- 24 Each Mussels, Prince Edward Island (if available)
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Garlic, chopped with oil
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Shallots, chopped
- 1 1/2 Fluid ounce(s) Ricard (French liqueur)
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Herbs de Provence
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 Fluid ounce(s) Chicken Stock
- 2 Fluid ounce(s) Heavy Cream
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- 1 To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Sweat out the garlic with oil and shallots.
- Add the mussels, a touch of butter and the herbs de Provence.
- Stir around and then add the Ricard, be careful it will flame.
- Add the cream and the chicken stock, bring to a simmer, add butter.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover taste and finish with parsley, salt and pepper if needed.