New York Strip Steak with Roasted Shallot Sauce
Date Added: Nov 29, 2010 American Entrees
A steak house classic with a twist. New York Strip steak seared and served with a roasted shallot bourbon demi.
- 10 Ounce(s) Weight New York Strip Steak
- As Needed Kosher Salt & Pepper
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- 4 Each Roasted Shallots
- 2 Fluid ounce(s) Bourbon
- 4 Fluid ounce(s) Demi Glace
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan on high flame.
- Once pan is hot, add steak and sear on both sides for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Finish in oven for 7 - 8 minutes, for medium rare (half way through, flip over to cook evenly).
- Discard steak grease from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan.
- Add roasted shallots and saute until caramelized and translucent.
- Remove pan from flame and deglaze with bourbon.
- Carefully place the pan back on the flame, (it will flame up).
- Burn off alcohol until flame is gone.
- Add demi glace and reduce for 1 minute..
- Season with salt, taste and Season again if necessary.
- Melt in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Remove steak from oven and place in pan to coat with sauce.
- Plate up and enjoy!