Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Date Added: Feb 22, 2010 Continental Vegetable
Brussels sprouts pan roasted with cumin and garlic.
- 1 Pint (s) Brussels Sprouts, blanched and halfed
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Olive Oil
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- 1 Pinch Cumin
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Garlic, chopped
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Take whole brussels sprouts and peel off outer leaves and clip off bottom stem.
- Drop in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Take out of water, cool and half.
- Heat oil in a saute pan on very high heat.
- When oil starts to smoke, add butter and brussels sprouts right away.
- Flip around in pan and add cumin.
- Flip again and add a little salt and pepper.
- Once you see some caramelization, add garlic and cook out for 1 minute.
- Place in bowl and serve.