Pan Seared Scallops with Cauliflower Puree
Date Added: Apr 26, 2010 Continental Appetizers
Delicious Golden Seared Scallops accompanied by a Smooth Cauliflower Puree and Sauteed Shitake Mushrooms. Great way to start any dinner party.
- 6 Each Scallops, large
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 Each Cauliflower, head
- 2 Cup(s) Milk
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Oil
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Parsley Oil
- 1/2 Cup(s) Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 Each Thyme Sprig
- Cut Cauliflower into equal pieces and cook in the milk until tender.
- Remove cauliflower and puree with the milk and butter, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Dry and season the scallops and sear in a hot pan until golden on both sides.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter with a sprig of thyme and baste the scallops.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of oil hot and saute the quartered mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- To make parsley oil: puree parsley with olive oil and strain.
- Plate dish as video shows