Peel A Tomato
Date Added: Jan 11, 2010 Other Vegetable
Tomato Concasse' French cooking term for peeling & seeding a tomato, before cooking.
- 1 Each Tomato
- Bring a small sauce pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Take the core out of the tomato.
- On the bottom of the tomato, remove the dimple.
- Fill a stainless steel bowl with ice water, to shock the tomato. Put the tomato into the boiling water.
- Constantly check the tomato to observe when the peel is beginning to loose.
- When there is loose peel, around the core hole, is an indication that the tomato is about ready, let it boil one more minute.
- Remove the tomato from the boiling water, and shock in the ice water.
- After tomato has cooled a bit, pull the peel from the tomato. then quarter the tomato.
- Remove seed and membrane, leaving only flat tomato leaves.