Peeling and Deveining Shrimp
Date Added: Apr 2, 2010 Cooking Techniques Seafood Filleting & Preparation
The way to peel and devein shrimp. What to do with shells and how to size shrimp.
- As Needed Shrimp
- Peel shells off of shrimp.
- Tail can stay or be removed depending on your needs.
- Run sharp knife along the back of the shrimp, about 1/4 inch deep.
- This incision should run from top to tail.
- Open slitted area and look for end trails or any debris that can be removed and then rinse under cold water.