Penne a La Vodka
Date Added: Dec 7, 2009 Italian Pasta
This is one of the first dishes I learned to make some 25 years ago. To this day it remains one of the most popular dishes people ask me how to make, so here you go, enjoy!
- ½ Each Chef Harkness' Basic Tomato sauce Recipe
- 16 Fluid ounce(s) Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup(s) Vodka
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- To Taste Red Pepper Flakes optional
- To Taste Oregano or Basil Garnish
- 1/2 Cup(s) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare Chef Harkness Basic Tomato Sauce (See Recipe on IdealChef).
- Add the cream after the Sauce has simmered for 20 minutes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and Vodka as desired, and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the Sauce to 1 lb. of cooked Pasta and cook over the stove top so the Sauce can cling to the the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!