Date Added: Nov 19, 2010 Continental Vegetarian
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Pickled fennel, a perfect component for salad, seafood or chicken. The pickling process takes atleast 24 hours to be sure to make this in advance.
- 2 Each Fennel Bulbs
- 1 Cup(s) Water
- 1/2 Cup(s) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Celery Salt
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Pickling Spice
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Mustard Seed
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Garlic, minced
- 1 Each Bay Leaf
- To Taste Tobasco Sauce
- Using a mandolin, shave fennel very thin
- In a large sauce pot, add water, vinegar, celery salt, pickling spice, mustard seed, garlic and bay leaf
- Bring to a boil then quickly remove from heat
- Pour into a stainless steel bowl submerged in an ice bath
- Whisk to cool
- Pour into a large mixing bowl
- Add fennel and a few dashes of Tobasco sauce, mix well
- Pour into an air tight container and refrigerate for atleast 24 hours
- Pour into a fine mesh siev to strain liquid
- Serve over salad or anything you like!