Pinot Grigio Beurre Blanc
Date Added: Sep 5, 2010 French Sauces
Pinot Grigio gives this classic French white butter sauce a bright flavor without overpowering it. Great with pasta, fish or chicken.
- 5 Table Spoon(s) Butter, cold
- 4 Fluid ounce(s) Shallots, diced
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Champagne Vinegar
- ½ Each Lemon, juiced
- 2 Cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 Pinch Dried Rosemary, Dried Sage, Sea Salt
- 4 Fluid ounce(s) Pinot Grigio
- 1 To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to hot saute pan melt.
- Add shallots to pan and sweat out saute until caramelized slightly.
- Add pinot grigio let reduce
- Add champagne vinegar and lemon juice.
- reduce until almost dry about 8 minutes on high heat.
- Add heavy cream whisking constantly.
- Season with rosemary sage and sea salt.
- whisk and let reduce by half.
- Take off heat and add 4 tablespoons of cold butter 1 tablespoon at a time constantly whisking
- Strain sauce
- Taste and Season with salt and pepper if necessary