Date Added: Mar 3, 2010 Italian Snacks
Fried Pizza! This is a traditional New Jersey street fair food. Simple and delicious. The better the quality of the parmesan the better the Pizza Frita!
- 1 Each Basic Pizza Dough
- 12 Fluid ounce(s) Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup(s) Parmesan Cheese
- 1 As Needed Oil, for frying
- Cut dough into four pieces after the dough has risen
- Form each piece into a round circle
- Roll each piece into a flattened disk
- Fry each disk in 375 degree oil until crispy on both sides
- Flip halfway through cooking time
- When done frying, drain on paper towels and cover with fresh tomato sauce and parmesan cheese
- Eat and enjoy!