Easy home style pizza made from scratch. Make it as healthy or decadent as you like. You will not need a pizza stone for this recipe.
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Yeast
- 3/4 Cup(s) Water (110-115 degrees)
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Sugar
- ¾ Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- 1 ½ Table Spoon(s) Olive Oil
- 8 Ounce(s) Weight Mozzerella Cheese
- 1 As Needed Toppings (any that you like)
- 6 Fluid ounce(s) Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Cup(s) Parmesan Cheese
- Proof yeast with water and sugar (See video on IdealChef.com)
- Place the flour and sugar into a bowl
- Create a well in the flour, add the oil and the proofed yeast
- Using a wooden spoon or a food processor, work the dough until it changes color and bounces back when touched
- Place in an oiled bag or bowl over night or place into an oiled bowl cover and let rest for 1 1/2 hrs until double in size
- Place the dough carefully onto a baking pan, any size will do
- Using your fingers, press the dough into the pan or shape as you desire
- Pre-Bake the crust at 450 degrees until lightly golden or speckled brown
- Remove crust from the oven, cover with sauce and cheese (any toppings) and Bake at 450 degrees until golden brown
- Eat and enjoy!
Crispy Trick: Place the assembled pizza on the bottom rack of the oven until it becomes golden brown on the bottom, peak to check. Put it back onto the tray and place on the top rack to finish cooking the cheese.