Pomodoro sauce is a basic Italian tomato sauce made with tomatoes, onions, garlic and fresh basil. The word Pomodoro means Tomato in Italian. I use this sauce in a lot of my Pasta recipes. This is a great basil tomato sauce recipe that everyone will enjoy.
- 3 Each 28oz cans whole peeled tomatoes in puree
- 7 Each Cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Sugar
- 1 Each Bunch basil chiffonade (about 1 cup packed)
- 4 Fluid ounce(s) Olive oil
- 2 Each Medium onions diced
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Salt or as needed
- To Taste Black pepper
- In sauce pot over medium high heat add olive oil and garlic cook till slightly golden.
- add diced onions cook till translucent about 5 minutes.
- in bowl add whole peeled tomatoes crush by hand.
- add the tomatoes to sauce pot and season with salt, pepper, sugar and basil.
- bring to boil then let simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.