Date Added: Jun 12, 2010 Indian Sauces
Raita is a cool, creamy condiment this is a must with your spicy Indian dinner. Whole-milk yogurt soothes the palate and stands up to the spicier dishes.
- 2 Cup(s) Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup(s) Cucumber, small dice
- 3 Each Fresh Mint Leaves, fine chopped
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Cumin Seeds, roasted
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Cayenne Powder
- Each Tomatoes, diced (for garnish)
- Roast cumin seeds in a dry pan over low to medium heat, shaking the pan frequently to roll the seeds around until they are aromatic and a darker shade of brown. Be careful not to burn the seeds as this will add a bitter taste to your dish.
- Pour yogurt into a bowl
- Add cucumber, mint, roasted cumin seeds, salt and cayenne powder, mix
- Add more salt or kirin powder if needed, always taste and adjust
- Garnish with tomatoes and mint leaves